Thursday, November 10, 2005

Two fun facts about airline security.

But first, some context. I'm a freelance writer, which is a nice way of saying no newspaper will hire me because I have a dearth of newsroom experience. (Ponder the paradoxical nature of that statement for a moment.) My current "gig" is a fifteen-page traveler's guide to Toronto Pearson International Airport that I'm writing for Torontoplus.ca. It's the online home for Toronto Yellowpages.

Anyhow, in my research into what can and cannot be packed in one's carry-on luggage, I found this helpful chart, provided by the Canadian Air Transport Security Authority:

http://www.catsa.gc.ca/english/travel_voyage/list.htm.

First, I find it amusing that from the vast cornucopia of food products that an airline traveler might pack in his or her carry-on luggage, the CATSA felt it particularly important to iterate that fruit cake could be safely brought on-board.

Second, for all you dominatrices or Indiana Jones Fan Club Presidents, rest assured that whips have not yet been prohibited from commercial Canadian airlines.

I, for one, feel safer already.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home