Monday, April 24, 2006

The only downside is I can't stirfry CDs.

My friends Dan and Terri (whom you may remember from a certain London-area community paper, one which regularly featured such local luminaries as Sass Jordan and Helix on the cover) have a nice little music website going called twowaymonologues. In exchange for the sweet ambrosia of free music, they've let me write a few reviews.

Please check out their site, especially Track-Fu, Terri's weekly dissection of the latest music to hit the airwaves. (And by "hit the airwaves" I mean "find on the MP3 blogs" since the vast majority of radio airwaves have been overrun with essence of skunk turd.) And you could read my reviews as well, if only to suggest some new adjectives. I think I go on probation if I mention "soporific motifs" again. Or at least get an unpaid internship at Kitsch Pork.

Young and Sexy, Panic When You Find It
Loose Fur, Born Again in the U.S.A.
Mates of State, Bring it Back


As an aside, my average score so far is a hearty 74%, whereas when I was an English TA I think my students maxed out at around 66%. The only conclusion I can draw from this is their essays on J. Alfred Prufrock clearly needed more Hammond B3 organ.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home