Thursday, December 29, 2005

The train bridge series.

The train bridge in Saskatoon. Thanks to an instinctual fear of elevated narrow places made of wood, no doubt an evolutionary trait left over from my days as a tree-dwelling orangutan, I didn't actually walk across it until 2003. And even then it took a romantic snowy evening and a cute girl to urge me upwards and onwards.

These were taken on Christmas Eve. A story: as I was finishing my shoot and heading back to my car, I met a man walking his two dogs. They were approaching the walkway that runs along the side of the bridge when the dogs veered left and started scampering along the tracks instead. In typical hyper puppy style, both of them stumbled between the slats. One fell in up to his forelegs. Then he/she fell again. Holy shit, did my heart leap into my throat. I think I was more unsettled than the owner, who took it all in with the patience of someone who's probably seen his stupid loveable fluffballs lick live electrical wires. Anyways, with a decided lack of grace the two dogs realized they were one misguided paw away from being canine pancakes, stumbled back to safe ground, and we all carried on our merry way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home