Sunday, January 08, 2006

Last night in Saskatoon: point-by-point.

I have been here since December 23rd. Tomorrow I board a plane to Toronto, followed by a bus to London to visit the lovely Ella.

Positives:

Kristen, Christine, Rob and Erin, Dean, Kelly, Alynn and Alex, Silas, Shayla, Carmody, Alana, Vince, James, Lindsay, Heather, Anne, hopefully Nicholas in the next few hours, and anyone else I saw. You're all intelligent and fucking beautiful people.

My parents, who discovered booze this Christmas, and my brother, even though his dirty dishes stop inches short of making it to the dishwasher.

Seeing Syriana at the Roxy, listening to You Say Party! We Say Die!, and rediscovering my dormant anarchist roots.

The Paddockwood microbrewery.

Hoarfrost. In all colours.

CFCR 90.5 FM.

Those damn dogs not falling through the railroad tracks.

Space to breathe.

Disappointments:

Oh, Kathryn. I delayed my trip back to Ontario for you. I still hope you love this city, even though I couldn't show you its charms.

No movies at the Broadway.

Maurice Vellacott and his one-agenda campaign (God shall smite the sodomites, yea and verily!) seems poised to take Saskatoon-Wanuskewin. Again.

Four days of fog, and ten days of overcast skies - a cruel joke.

Still no recycling bins in the downtown.

That the end has arrived for the 90-year old Victoria Bridge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home