Sunday, April 30, 2006

How I learned to stop worrying and take over the CBC.

Okay, this photo really has nothing to do with the following blog posting. It's just something I see every day: posters. On everything from parking ticket dispensers to fire hydrants. And it matches my colour scheme.

Anyways: it so happens that I'm apparently going to have a story published in CBC's online arts section next week, alongside such Canadian pop culture critiques extraordinaires as Matthew McKinnon and Katrina Onstad. I also have a documentary for Definitely Not the Opera in the works. Yet I couldn't even name a Rolling Stones album if you mind-melded me with what's left of Keith Richards' cerebellum. And while I'm familiar with J-Lo and K-Fed, is there an N-Ritch? A P-Hil? I'm constantly intimidated by the gaps in my pop culture knowledge. Perhaps if I watched more America's Next Amazing Hottest Model Race 6, I would not feel so inadequate.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

There was a good CBC story on Gawker a few weeks ago. And Ella's totally turned me on to Go Fug Yourself, which I'm sure a "pop culture maven" like yourself would be familiar with.

Can you tag those sites for me on delicious?

10:44 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home