Friday, June 23, 2006

Blogger, heal thyself.

It's been brought to my attention that my online vomiting has recently subsided to a mild spew, as opposed to the torrential geyser of months past. And since I've started cajoling a fellow blogging colleague to update her page, it would be hypocritical if I didn't provide an update myself.

Since last Saturday, I've been in Saskatoon. Much has happened over the past two weeks. For one, I now have a job at the Cornwall Standard-Freeholder as a reporter/photographer - which, if I remember my comic books correctly, means I'm a hybrid of the lesser parts of both Superman and Spiderman. Oddly enough, this has necessitated a trip to Saskatoon where, with the financial expertise of mes parents, I have invested in a 2007 Toyota Yaris. While I won't go into the gory details, the brochure for the Yaris emphasizes that it combines the efficiency and the creativity of the best Japanese vehicles - or, in their terms, the "J-Factor." Love it.

I'm also moving to Ottawa, where Ella and I have found a charming third-floor apartment in Westborough. We are contemplating acquiring a cat of some fashion, and I am spending a good amount of time convincing her we should name it "Football," so I can kick it. This proposal has met with some resistance. I think I can wear her down, but I would also settle for "Attila the Cat" or "Chairman Meow," should a compromise be necessary.

So, that's that. Below are some photos of Saskatoon that I've taken on two separate trips - one along the Meewasin trail behind my parents' Silverwood home, and another down 2nd and 1st Avenue and into the warehouse district. You may have to enlarge the first to read the sign. I'm out of space on my flickr account for this month, so they have to go here.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Thanks, Deb...I shall be, so just let me know and we'll meet for drinks.

1:39 a.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home