Monday, May 01, 2006

Slo-pitch Fantasy Digest: Episode One.

Sunday, April 30, 2006. Bickford Park.

Stats: 4-6, 3 runs scored, 1 HR (!), 1 RBI. Also 3 IP, 15 runs allowed, probably all unearned (such is slo-pitch).

Pitching recap: Thrust into emergency starting duty after rest of team sidelined by apathy. After three lackluster innings, was relieved by teammate suffering from a herniated disc. Will take this incident as a nod towards my teammate's mobility and not as an indictment of my 7 MPH fastball.

Batting recap: First at-bat in two years resulted in a line-drive single that nearly decapitated the opposing pitcher (who may have been Matt Murphy of Superfriendz/Flashing Lights). With strains of "Same Thing Twice" ringing in my ears, followed up with two outfield singles in subsequent at-bats. Homered to centre in fourth at-bat. Ninety-minute "apocalypse delay" ensued. During fifth at-bat, opposing team's second baseman shouted "I don't know who this guy is, but he sure can hit!" Meekly popped up to centrefield so as to not let opposition pigeonhole me. Final at-bat in the 12th resulted in a groundout to short.

Fantasy outlook: Offensively, my hot start in 2006 suggests I be snapped up before my impending Congressional testimony. As a hurler, though, my fantasy value falls somewhere between the dessicated corpse of David Wells and tarmac.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home