Tuesday, January 31, 2006

True patriot lust.

Thanks to the lovely Ella, ever on the pulse of the popular zeitgeist, I found the following story in my e-mail inbox on Saturday:

Canadians "liberal and hedonistic" but can change, US right-winger says

Sweet! I didn't drink four steins of German weissbier and then pee in my hostel floor's communal shower back in '02. I was exploring the core tenets of cultural marxism.

While I only took two philosophy classes in university, and one Russian history class, I'm pretty sure same-sex marriage was not one of the fundamental concerns of Das Kapital. But hey, I could be wrong. Marx and Engels might have embraced the spirit of comradeship more strongly than I thought. Besides, unlike Weyrich I don't work for a prominent right-wing think tank, so I'll just go back to my slightly bemused drooling.

Incidentally, that photo of Harper looks like it was taken from one of those 70s-era slide presentations we had to watch in grade 4. You just know that off to the left the map reads "U.S.S.R." and "British Somaliland."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home