Thursday, February 23, 2006

Things are as bad as they seem.

This was my view last weekend in London's bus station, for about an hour. It was as boring as it seems.

Eventually these two young Asian girls, about fifteen or sixteen, sat down across from me. They were giggling incessantly, gossiping about Jack Johnson and calling each other "bitch" in that way teenagers do. Then the one on the left started comparing Jack Johnson to Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix. Her friend just sat there. Next time I looked up she was reading what I think was a fairly intellectual design magazine. Her friend was reading Cosmo.

I couldn't help thinking that unless they're sisters, they won't be friends five years from now.

1 Comments:

Blogger Trevor said...

Cheers to random e-strangers visiting my blog! Come for the Jeopardy!, stay for the world-weary rants and photography - that's always been my motto. Well, at least since Friday evening. And even then, only in my head.

Hope you enjoy Toronto, Beth - I've only been here myself for five months. If you're downtown, check out the music and generally inexpensive atmosphere at Sneaky Dee's. But if someone offers you a fajita, run. Once you're in Whitby, you're probably safe.

You've got the right Trevor Pritchard, inblognita. (Though I imagine the master of tin glaze pottery who lives somewhere in the UK is a much more interesting bloke - thanks, Google!) My Jeopardy! dynasty lasted only one short episode, but I believe that's still longer than the Falklands War, so yay for me. Hope that lip's clotted nicely; sorry it ruined your Friday evening. Just one more reason I don't do origami.

10:49 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home